University of Manitoba Financial Aid and Awards: Are you an outstanding international student seeking academic and financial support for your studies? Look no further! The University of Manitoba is now inviting applications from interested candidates for its prestigious Financial Aid and Awards program designed for international students commencing their academic journey.
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Manitoba, Canada
- Host Institution(s): University of Manitoba, Canada
- Scholarship Worth: $240,000 available annually
- Number of Awards: 2800
- Study Level: Undergraduates & Postgraduates
- Nationality: All Nationalities
Scholarships and Bursaries at University of Manitoba
At the University of Manitoba, we believe in rewarding academic success and supporting students with financial needs. Annually, we allocate over $30 million to students in the form of scholarships and bursaries. This generous funding allows students to concentrate on their studies and achieve their academic goals.
Scholarship Opportunities for First-Year Students
Each year, the University of Manitoba offers entrance scholarships to first-year students. These scholarships amount to a staggering $30 million, making them a vital resource for aspiring scholars. Additionally, there are bursaries worth $10 million awarded to deserving students, making the total number of awards available approximately 2800.
Eligibility Criteria for Financial Aid and Awards
To be considered for the University of Manitoba Financial Aid and Awards for International Students, applicants must meet the following conditions:
- International Students: Applicants must be international students.
- Academic Achievement: Scholarships are primarily offered to full-time students based on their academic achievements and course load.
- Entrance Scholarship Requirements: Students who receive entrance scholarships must be enrolled in at least 24 credit hours at the University of Manitoba in the current academic year to qualify for funding.
- Academic Year Completion: In most cases, students must register for and complete at least 80 percent of a full course in the current academic year to be eligible for scholarships.
- Course Load Exceptions: Some course load exceptions may apply as specified in the terms of the scholarship by the donor or a representative of the donor.
- Graduate Students: Graduate students are exempt from credit hour minimums if they are registered as full-time students over the fall and winter terms with the Faculty of Graduate Studies.
- Financial Need-Based Bursaries: Students may apply for bursaries based on financial need. Bursary applications are available through Aurora in mid-August and due on October 1st.
How to Apply for University of Manitoba Financial Aid and Awards
The application process for the University of Manitoba Financial Aid and Awards is straightforward. By submitting your application for admission to the University, you will automatically be considered for entrance scholarships. However, some scholarships require a separate application. It is essential to carefully read the details and requirements of each award before applying to ensure eligibility.
The application deadline for the University of Manitoba Financial Aid and Awards is October 1, 2023. Ensure you complete your application before this date to be considered for these prestigious opportunities.
If you are an ambitious international student seeking both academic excellence and financial support, the University of Manitoba Financial Aid and Awards program is your gateway to success. With a variety of scholarships and bursaries available, you can focus on your studies and thrive in your academic journey. Don’t miss this chance; apply today!
For further details and to begin your application, visit the Official Website now. Take the first step towards a bright and prosperous future at the University of Manitoba.