University of Greenwich Postgraduate Research Scholarship: The University of Greenwich – UK is thrilled to invite applications for its prestigious Postgraduate Research Scholarship program, specially designed for exceptional international students enrolling in specific research programs at the University. This scholarship provides a unique opportunity for passionate scholars to work on groundbreaking projects related to the lattice Boltzmann Modelling of Disease Outbreaks, with a particular focus on Covid-19. Successful candidates will be involved in constructing stochastic lattice Boltzmann equations (LBEs) to gain insights into the mechanistic models of disease spreading, aiming to identify relationships between spatially dependent parameters and the transmission of infectious diseases.
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Greenwich – UK
- Scholarships to be taken at: University of Greenwich – UK
- Scholarship Type: Tuition award
- Scholarship Worth: £15,285
- Number of Awards: Not stated
- Study Level: Masters & PhD
- Nationality: International students
University of Greenwich Postgraduate Research Scholarship | Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for the University of Greenwich Postgraduate Research Scholarship, candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Applicants must be international students.
- The award is available for masters & PhD programs in Liberal Arts and Sciences offered by the University.
- This scholarship may require Academic Technology Approval Scheme approval for the successful candidate if they are from outside of the EU/EEA.
- A PhD project research proposal that is related to the research area.
- Independent thinking and analytical aptitude for devising innovative scientific or technical solutions.
- Demonstrate the capacity for effective independent work and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, motivation, flexibility, and confidence.
English Language Requirement
For candidates whose first language is not English and/or are from a country where English is not the majority spoken language (as recognized by the UKBA), a language proficiency score of at least IELTS 6.5 (in all elements of the test) or an equivalent UK VISA and Immigration secure English Language Test is required, unless the degree above was taught in English and obtained in a majority English-speaking country, e.g. UK, USA, Australia, New Zealand, etc., as recognized by the UKBA.
The University of Greenwich Postgraduate Research Scholarship award offers a generous amount of £15,285 for successful international students.
To apply for the University of Greenwich Postgraduate Research Scholarship, follow these steps:
- How-to-Apply: All eligible and interested candidates are required to apply online for a study place at the university. Afterward, they will be considered for the scholarship if eligible. No other form of application will be considered.
- Document Requirement: All applications must include the following information. Applications not containing these documents will not be considered.
- Scholarship Reference Number (Ref) – included in the personal statement section together with your personal statement explaining why you are applying.
- A research proposal related to the subject topic.
- CV including 2 referees.
- Academic qualification certificates/transcripts and IELTs/English Language certificate if you are an international applicant or if English is not your first language or you are from a country where English is not the majority spoken language as defined by the UK Border Agency.
Applicants are required to upload the mentioned documents in PDF format to the qualification section of the application form. Before submitting your application, it is encouraged to liaise with the Lead Supervisor for additional details.
Application Deadline: Not Specified
For more information and detailed instructions, please visit the Official Website of the University of Greenwich Postgraduate Research Scholarship.