Pan African University Postgraduate Scholarships: The Pan African University, an initiative by the Heads of State and Government of the African Union, invites suitably qualified individuals for the 2023/2024 Pan African University Postgraduate Scholarships Awards. This premier continental university network aims to provide quality postgraduate education to contribute towards a prosperous, integrated, and peaceful Africa.
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): Pan African University/African Union.
- Host Institution(s): Pan African University Institutes
- Scholarship Worth: Not Stated
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: Postgraduate (Master and PhD)
- Nationality: Africans
The scholarship program is open to young, qualified, talented, and enterprising applicants from African countries and the African Diaspora. They are invited to apply for Masters or PhD degree programs at any of the following four PAU institutes:
- Pan African University Institute for Basic Sciences, Technology and Innovation (PAUSTI), at Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology (JKUAT), Kenya.
- Pan African University Institute for Life and Earth Sciences – including Health and Agriculture (PAULESI), at the University of Ibadan (UI), Nigeria.
- Pan African University Institute for Governance, Humanities, and Social Sciences (PAUGHSS), at the University of Yaounde II and the University of Buea, Cameroon.
- Pan African University Institute for Water and Energy Sciences – including climate change (PAUWES), at the University of Tlemcen, Algeria.
Applicants with potential, motivation, and a desire to take on transformative leadership roles as academics, professionals, industrialists, innovators, and entrepreneurs are especially encouraged to apply.
Reasons to Join PAU:
- Excellent programs taught by world-class faculty.
- A broad network of academic and professional partners on the continent and beyond.
- Attractive scholarship scheme.
- Joint degree awards from the Pan African University and its Host Universities.
- Excellent career prospects in some of the fastest-growing industries, with relevant career guidance.
- Vibrant, multicultural, and Pan African learning and research environments.
Eligibility and Admission Requirements
Admission Requirements for Masters Programmes:
To be eligible for the 2023/2024 Pan African University Postgraduate Scholarships Awards for Masters Programmes, candidates must meet the following conditions:
- Maximum age of 30 years for male and 35 years for female applicants.
- An undergraduate degree from a recognized university, with at least a second class upper division or its equivalent, in a relevant field.
- Certified copies of relevant certificates, transcripts (from university and high school).
- Passport or National I.D. card (personal details page).
- Clear colored passport-size photograph (2cmx2cm).
- Detailed CV.
- Recommendation letter from ONE of his/her former University lecturers.
- Names of 3 Reference University lecturers (with email address and WhatsApp number) (Mandatory).
Admission Requirements for Doctoral Programmes:
Candidates applying for the Doctoral Programmes should satisfy the following conditions:
- Candidates may be required to undergo a written/oral examination after pre-selection.
- Candidates for the Master in Conference Interpreting and Translation programmes are required to have excellent knowledge of at least two of the African Union’s official languages (Arabic, English, French, Spanish, and Portuguese).
Pan African University Postgraduate Scholarships Application Procedures
How-to-Apply: All applications should be completed online at https://www.au-pau.org/submission/. For any support, applicants can reach out to: [email protected]. The African Union Commission will offer full scholarships to successful African candidates.
Application Deadline: 10 September 2023
For Further Details, please visit the Official Website.