Are you a South African student aspiring to pursue Master’s level education in Ireland’s prestigious Higher Education Institutions? The Kader Asmal Fellowship programme is your golden opportunity! This fully funded scholarship aims to support early career professionals with leadership potential in South Africa, fostering leadership for the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and promoting women’s leadership and participation in STEM fields.
About the Kader Asmal Fellowship Programme
- Company/Organization(s): Irish Aid
- Program Type: Postgraduate Fellowship
- Program Location: Ireland
- Program Duration: 10-16 months
- Available Slots: Several
- Basic Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree
- Nationality: South Africans
Kader Asmal Fellowship 2024 | Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for the Kader Asmal Fellowship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- South African Citizenship: Applicants must be residents and nationals of South Africa.
- Relevant Work Experience: A minimum of two years’ substantial work experience directly relevant to the proposed program(s) of study is required.
- Academic Qualification: Applicants must hold a bachelor’s level academic qualification from an accredited and government-recognized higher education institution, with a minimum grade point average of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale). This is equivalent to a first-class honor or second-class honor, Grade 1 (a second-class honor Grade 2 may be accepted with substantial directly relevant work experience). The bachelor’s degree must have been awarded in 2012 or later (within the last 12 years).
- No Previous Master’s Qualification: Applicants should not already hold a qualification at the master’s level or higher. They must not be currently undertaking or due to start a master’s level or higher program in the academic year 2023/24.
- Program Commencement: Applicants must be applying to commence a new master’s level program in Ireland no sooner than August 2024.
- Demonstrated Commitment: Applicants should demonstrate leadership abilities and aspirations, a commitment to achieving the SDGs within their own country, and a dedication to building positive relationships with Ireland.
- Programme Selection: Applicants must have identified and selected three programs relevant to their academic and professional backgrounds from the Directory of Eligible Programmes.
- Academic and Language Proficiencies: A clear understanding of the academic and English language proficiencies required for all chosen programs is essential.
- No Previous Application: Applicants should not have applied to the Ireland Fellows Programme on more than one previous occasion.
- Fellowship Commencement: Applicants must be in a position to take up the Fellowship in the academic year 2024/2025.
Benefits of the Kader Asmal Fellowship
Selected candidates will enjoy the following benefits:
- Course fees coverage
- Monthly allowance
- Accommodation support
- Cost of flights
- Insurance and other incidental expenses
How-to-Apply: If you meet the eligibility criteria, you can apply for the Kader Asmal Fellowship by completing an online application before the specified deadline. Ensure that all necessary information is provided, as incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Application Deadline: Not specified
For more detailed information, interested applicants can visit the Official Website. Secure your future and unlock the doors to world-class education in Ireland with the Kader Asmal Fellowship
Don’t miss this chance to advance your career and contribute to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals in South Africa. Apply now and seize the opportunity to study at Ireland’s world-renowned Higher Education Institutions with the support of the Kader Asmal Fellowship programme!