Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program 2024: The Hubert H. Humphrey Program brings young and mid-career professionals from designated countries to the United States for a transformative year of graduate-level study, leadership development, and fruitful collaboration with U.S. counterparts. The program has invited eligible candidates from around the world to apply for its upcoming edition, presenting an incredible opportunity for professional growth and international exposure.
Unlocking Boundless Opportunities through the Fellowship
As a non-degree program, the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship offers an array of valuable opportunities for professional development, ensuring a holistic approach to learning and growth. The selected Fellows can benefit from various activities, including attending selected university courses, engaging in conferences, building networks, and gaining practical work experiences.
Fellowship Sponsor: The U.S. Department of State
The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program is proudly sponsored by the esteemed U.S. Department of State, ensuring a commitment to excellence and high-quality education.
Host Institutions: Leading U.S. Universities
Fellows under this program will have the privilege of being hosted by leading U.S. universities, providing a conducive learning environment and access to world-class facilities.
Number of Awards: Up to 200 Fellows per Year
Every year, the program offers up to 200 fellowships, empowering a diverse group of professionals with the skills and knowledge needed to make a meaningful impact in their respective fields.
Study Level: Mid-Career Professions
The program caters specifically to mid-career professionals, enabling them to take their careers to new heights through targeted and relevant learning experiences.
Duration: 6-10 Months
The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program spans between 6 to 10 months, ensuring an intensive and comprehensive experience for all participants.
Nationality: Open to All
Professionals from any nationality are welcome to apply, fostering a global exchange of ideas and experiences.
Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Academic Qualifications: An undergraduate degree (first university or Bachelor’s) is required to apply.
- Professional Experience: Applicants must possess a minimum of five years of full-time, professional experience in their field.
- Limited or No Prior Experience in the U.S.: Candidates with limited or no prior experience in the United States are preferred, ensuring maximum exposure to new perspectives.
- Leadership Qualities: A strong demonstration of leadership qualities is essential, as the program aims to nurture future leaders.
- Public Service Record: Applicants must have a record of public service in their community, reflecting their commitment to making a positive impact.
- English Language Proficiency: Proficiency in the English language is required to participate fully in the program.
The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program extends its reach to professionals from various regions worldwide. Here are the eligible regions:
- Sub-Saharan Africa
- Europe and Eurasia
- Middle East and North Africa
- East Asia and Pacific
- South and Central Asia
- Western Hemisphere
To find out if your country/region is eligible for participation, simply click on your region, and if it appears on the list, you are eligible to apply.
The Humphrey Fellowship Program offers a range of eligible programs, categorized as follows:
1. Human and Institutional Development
- Economic Development
- Finance and Banking
- Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration
- Technology Policy and Management
- Human Resource Management
2. Rights and Freedoms
- International Religious Freedom
- Law and Human Rights
- Trafficking in Persons Policy and Prevention
3. Sustainable Lands
- Agricultural and Rural Development
- Natural Resources, Environmental, and Climate Change
- Urban and Regional Planning
4. Thriving Communities
- Contagious and Infectious Diseases
- Public Health Policy and Management
- HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention
- Substance Abuse Education, Treatment, and Prevention
- Educational Administration, Planning, and Policy
- Higher Education Administration
- Teaching of English as a Foreign Language
The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program offers an array of benefits to its participants, ensuring a seamless and enriching experience:
- Tuition and fees at the assigned host university are fully covered.
- Pre-academic English language training is provided if required.
- A generous maintenance (living) allowance, including a one-time settling-in allowance.
- Comprehensive accident and sickness coverage.
- A book allowance to facilitate learning.
- A one-time computer subsidy.
- Air travel, both international and domestic, to attend the program and required events.
- A Professional Development allowance for engaging in various professional activities, such as field trips, visits, and conferences.
If you are ready to embark on this life-changing journey, here’s how you can apply for the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program:
- Contact the U.S. Embassy or Binational Fulbright Commission: Reach out to the U.S. Embassy (Public Affairs Section) or the Binational Fulbright Commission in your country to access the Humphrey Fellowship application and learn more about the process.
- Check Application Deadline: Application deadlines may vary by country, so ensure you have the correct information.
Visit the Official Website
For more comprehensive details about the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program and its offerings, please visit the official website. Take the first step towards a brighter future filled with endless opportunities for growth and global impact.