Hey there, If you’re passionate about International Law and Military Operations, I’ve got some fantastic news for you. The Faculty of Law at the University of Copenhagen is offering a bunch of fully-funded Ph.D. positions that you definitely shouldn’t miss out on. This is an incredible opportunity to delve into the world of contemporary legal issues while being supervised by some top-notch academics. Trust me, it doesn’t get much better than this!
A Unique Collaboration: University of Copenhagen & Royal Danish Defence College
Now, this is where things get interesting. Unlike your typical Ph.D. position, this one comes with a special twist. The University of Copenhagen is teaming up with the Royal Danish Defence College (RDDC) to offer this exciting opportunity. So, if you’re accepted, you’ll have the chance to work with experts from both institutions. How cool is that? You’ll divide your time between the two and have a co-supervisor from RDDC guiding you along the way.
The Scoop on the Scholarship
Let’s talk about the good stuff, shall we? This fully-funded scholarship is your ticket to success. The University of Copenhagen, Denmark, is sponsoring this amazing opportunity, ensuring that you can focus on your studies without worrying about financial burdens. Trust me, it’s a weight off your shoulders.
What You Need to Know
Here are the nitty-gritty details you’ve been waiting for:
- Number of Awards: There are several positions available, so your chances of nabbing one are pretty good!
- Study Level: This scholarship is for those pursuing a Ph.D., so you’ll be diving deep into the realm of research and academia.
- Nationality: Domestic and international students are both eligible to apply. So, no matter where you’re from, you have a shot at this amazing opportunity.
The Ph.D. Journey
Alright, let’s talk about what you’ll be signing up for once you get that coveted scholarship. This Ph.D. position falls under the wider Ph.D. Program offered by the Faculty of Law. So, you won’t be alone in this journey. The program has three main goals:
- Preparing for a Career in Teaching and Research: You’ll be equipped with the knowledge and skills needed to pursue a career in academia. This is your chance to make a lasting impact in the field of International Law and Military Operations.
- Producing High-Quality Research: The program aims to nurture a new generation of scholars who can conduct independent and top-notch research. Get ready to make significant contributions to the legal world!
- Building Problem-Solving Skills: Whether you end up in the public or private sector, problem-solving skills are essential. This program will ensure that you have the analytical prowess to excel in any professional setting.
Are You Eligible?
Before you get too excited, let’s make sure you meet the eligibility criteria:
- You’re eligible whether you’re a domestic or international student. They welcome applications from all corners of the world.
- You’ve obtained a degree equivalent to the Danish Master of Laws degree. This means a second cycle 120 ECTS degree, building upon a 180 ECTS bachelor’s degree or its equivalent.
- Your overall grade average at the Master’s level is 8.2 or above, according to the Danish grading scale. Show them that you’re a shining star!
- If you haven’t completed your Master’s Degree yet, don’t worry. You can still apply, but you must obtain the degree before the start date.
- They want to see you’re research material. So, demonstrate your aptitude for research through your final thesis, publications, or academic recommendations. Show them that you’re ready to tackle the challenge of writing a Ph.D. thesis head-on.
- Language skills are crucial. You need excellent English language skills and strong communication abilities. It’s essential that you can teach at an academic level in either Danish or English and participate in Ph.D. courses conducted in English.
The Application Process
Ready to take the plunge? Here’s how you apply:
- Head over to the online application form and fill it out with all the necessary details.
- Once the application deadline passes, the Associate Dean of Research will pre-select candidates for further assessment based on the recommendation of the Selection Committee.
- The Faculty’s recruitment needs will guide the selection process. So, make sure you’re a good fit by showcasing your skills and qualifications.
- Before starting the online application, gather all the required documents. These include a research project proposal, a maximum two-page curriculum vitae, your diplomas and transcripts, a grading scale, a letter of motivation, and documentation of your English language proficiency.
- Lastly, submit your application electronically in English. Don’t forget, this is your chance to shine!
- Apply Now
Don’t Miss Out!
While the application deadline hasn’t been specified, I wouldn’t recommend dragging your feet on this one. This opportunity is too good to pass up, so make sure you submit your application as soon as possible. Don’t let this chance slip through your fingers!
If you’re passionate about International Law and Military Operations, the fully-funded Ph.D. positions at the University of Copenhagen are calling your name. This collaboration with the Royal Danish Defence College sets it apart from the rest, giving you a unique chance to work with experts from both institutions. So, don’t waste a second and seize this incredible opportunity to make your mark in the legal world. Apply today and embark on an exciting journey toward a successful career in academia and beyond.